At Acadia, the goals of our digital and social channels are to support, educate, create engagement with and motivate patients, healthcare providers, caregivers, as well as media, investors, advocacy and industry partners and job seekers. It’s our priority to be accurate, authentic and transparent.
These community engagement guidelines apply to all of our digital and social channels below, campaign channels, and any digital channels we may add in the future.
If you choose to engage with Acadia via our digital channels, which we highly encourage, you are agreeing to abide by these community engagement guidelines. Our guidelines apply in addition to each channel’s own Terms of Service. Please head over to LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, or Instagram to explore their terms.
1. Engage on Topic and Be Respectful
The goal is to create a thoughtful community online. Please be respectful of everyone participating online and remain on topic. If you have a question or comment that is off topic, such as specific products, therapies, business opportunities or sponsorships, please contact us here.
2. Legal and Regulatory Topics
Acadia is a public company in a highly regulated industry and subject to specific rules surrounding how we can engage with the public. Because of this, we may not be able to always address your comments or questions directly on our channels.
Discussions should remain on-topic and constructive. Please be aware we may not be able to respond, and we may block/delete commenters or remove comments, replies or direct messages that mention:
- Products made by Acadia or other pharmaceutical companies (this includes making claims about a product and “off-label”, or unapproved uses of products) including inappropriate comments or inferences about our competitors (for example, disparaging comments, or any statements about their products)
- Health or medical advice
- False or misleading information
- Third-party property that is copyright protected or trade-marked, unless previously approved by party involved
- Proprietary, confidential, sensitive or non-public information related to Acadia, or any other person or company
- Posts related to current or future litigation in which Acadia is involved
- Information plagiarized from another source
- Photos and/or videos, including those depicting individuals, unless the photographer (and, where applicable, the depicted individual, and if the depicted individual is a child, the child’s parent’s or legal guardian) or videographer have expressly consented to such use
- The names of any individuals, and/or other information that could allow anyone to identify the individual(s), such as an address, phone number, social insurance number, license plate number, hometown, school, etc., unless those individuals have expressly consented to such use
- The names, photographs, voices or other likeness of celebrities, either living or dead, whether favorable or unfavorable
- Predatory conduct towards minors
- Threats, libel, slander or defamation of character
- Inappropriate or “off color” statements
- Text, pictures or images that could be described as obscene, profane, lewd, crude, vulgar, offensive, provocative or pornographic, or as containing gang signs or symbols, gun imagery, political or religious propaganda, derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious group, depictions of alcohol or drug abuse, or promotion of illegal activity of any kind
- Links to other websites
- Advertising, posts that are commercial in nature, or spam
- Software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or any other computer code or files or disabling mechanisms that are designed to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, telecommunications equipment or that interferes with the operation of the social media site
- Posts that violate the Terms of Service of any of the digital platforms where we have an established presence
3. Medical and Professional Advice
We only post educational information about our company, including the scientific & therapeutic areas we’re in, and not professional or medical advice. Acadia cannot offer medical advice or engage in product promotion or discussion about treatment options made by Acadia or other companies.
If you believe you have experienced any medical side effects from an Acadia product, or if you need medical or professional advice, please contact your physician or healthcare provider. Should you accidentally include an adverse event report in your post, Acadia may need to contact you to find out more information. This is due to regulatory requirements concerning safety reporting. In the United States, you may also report side effects to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) by calling 1-800-FDA-1088 or calling Acadia’s medical affairs team at 1-844-422-2342.
4. Our Response Time
We want you to engage with us, but sometimes we can’t always respond or engage because as we previously noted, we are a highly regulated company. We actively monitor our digital channels and will respond back how and if we can.
5. We May Share Your Posts
When you engage with Acadia online, you grant us permission to engage back, including the use of your name or handle and the images, videos, and text associated with your posts. So don’t publicly post or tag us in anything you’d like to keep confidential.
6. Using and Storing Personal Identifying Information
7. Third Party Activities
Acadia does not endorse third party activities across digital channels, whether through engagement or not, unless otherwise expressly confirmed in writing. In particular, Acadia may decide to feature, favorite, comment on, retweet, share or create content published by third parties. Such engagement is not an endorsement of the featured accounts/handles or of their activities.
Acadia is not responsible for the activity of the accounts/handles it follows or from which it selects posts to engage with, favorite, share, comment on, or retweet through Acadia accounts.
Updates posted on Acadia digital channels may contain links to websites and other contents that are not owned or controlled by Acadia. Acadia does not control the content of these third-party sites, which are independent of Acadia.
In addition, the posting of a link by Acadia to a third party’s website or content is not an endorsement of such content or website, and Acadia is not responsible for any use to which such content or website may be put.
8. Additional Considerations
- You must be at least 13 years old to engage with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram; 14 for YouTube; 16 for LinkedIn
- If you are an adult, and your message contains the name or likeness of a minor, you must be the parent or legal guardian of that minor
- Your posts, replies or direct messages may also be submitted to law enforcement if we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to detect and prevent fraud or to protect the safety of the public or an individual.
We want to engage with you and hope to foster discussion across our social and digital channels. Thank you for complying with our guidelines.