Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I)
We are united by our diverse perspectives and experiences, bringing curiosity, ingenuity – and our whole selves – to solve the challenges of science.
Acadia is committed to our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion journey.
We believe our diverse perspectives drive innovation and support our mission of elevating life through science. We are dedicated to fostering a culture of curiosity and belonging. Curiosity at Acadia means we seek to understand more about ourselves, each other and the work that we do. Belonging at Acadia means you can bring your whole self to work, and also let your whole self shine through.
We are excited to get to know you.
Employee Resource Groups
At Acadia, our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are employee-created and -led groups that seek to foster an inclusive environment based on shared experiences, goals and values. Our ERGs provide opportunities for employees to celebrate differences, raise awareness about important issues and collaborate with team members from across the organization. Our ERGs also have centralized resources dedicated to their success.
Strategic, Cultural and DEI Initiatives
We believe that our differences are our strengths – that creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do our best work on behalf of the community we serve is the right thing to do. We also believe our diverse perspectives drive innovation and support our mission of elevating life through science.
A Culture of Curiosity and Belonging
We believe that having a culture of curiosity and belonging, where every Acadian can let their authentic self shine through, is at the core of our diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) journey. Acadians are driven to break through barriers, to innovate and to persevere – and we all thrive with the right supports in place.
- Rewards and recognition programs that celebrate our values
- Regular feedback collection to assess and improve our culture
- Total rewards programs, including wellness initiatives to support our employees’ whole selves
Creating and Sustaining Diversity
Removing the barriers to diverse talent is not just about removing barriers in the hiring process – it is also about making sure that Acadians all have access to the right tools in order to succeed once you join us. Our processes, policies and procedures are paired with measures such as focused training to help support diversity, equity and inclusion throughout the talent lifecycle.
- Talent acquisition strategies to attract diverse talent
- Interview training, bias mitigation, and other enhancements to the application and selection process
- Mandatory instructor-led and on-demand training on DEI topics
We believe that together we can change the lives of the people and communities we serve. Whether it’s through company-facilitated local community service efforts or donations, ERG-led community involvement, or our efforts to support our patients’ access to care, Acadians are encouraged to give back to their communities.
- Acadia CommUNITY challenges to allow employees to select charities to receive Acadia’s support
- Days of service and volunteerism in our communities
- Multicultural patient support programs, such as Yours, Truly – our national storytelling initiative to reduce stigma and raise awareness around the non-motor symptoms of Parkinson’s disease in collaboration with StoryCorps
Work at Acadia
Life at Acadia
At Acadia, we approach each day with the mindset of a scientist, dedication of a healthcare provider and heart of a caregiver.
Every Acadian brings curiosity, ingenuity and a drive to forge new paths. We’re looking for people who are equally committed to helping people shine—both within and outside our walls.