We are committed to supporting investigator-initiated studies (IIS) with the goal of improving patient health and quality of life by increasing the medical and scientific knowledge around our treatments. An IIS may be a clinical or non-clinical study for which Acadia provides funding, drug product or both.
We support programs that will:
- Contribute knowledge to the medical and scientific community
- Address unmet needs
- Be communicated in an appropriate scientific forum, including peer-reviewed publications
Our current areas of interest are:
- Early Intervention: Effects and/or value of early vs. late recognition, diagnosis and treatment of PD psychosis
- Treatment: Non-pharmacological/pharmacological treatment in the community and long term care
- Enduring: Pimavanserin enduring/maintenance treatment
Acadia may consider other research proposals not included in these main areas of interest.
Examples of appropriate requestors of IIS support include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare providers
- Members of the scientific community
- Healthcare institutions
- Colleges and universities
- Government research institutions