Senior Administrative Assistant
Provides diverse and advanced administrative support to the multiple departments within the Research & Development (R&D) organization. Handles complex details and advanced administrative duties; manages special projects and work is often of a critical or confidential nature.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains calendar for internal and external meetings, scientific conferences, and other key company events for designated client groups.
- Handles travel arrangements for multiple teams, maintains calendars and travel schedules, as well as
- Reconciles departmental expenses through purchase orders and Concur/corporate credit card.
- Liaison between Legal and Finance to manage R&D procurement and contracts; initiates and coordinates requests for purchase orders and contracts, i.e., master services agreements, statements of work, and confidentiality agreements.
- Coordinates and manages logistics for meetings and conferences; assists in the arrangement of web-based meetings as needed - keeping all parties informed.
- Oversees logistics for company events and activities, including securing meeting space and food & beverages, as needed.
- Minute-keeping at team meetings as determined by the leader.
- Manages department files via BOX, keeping materials organized and current.
- Provides a wide variety of administrative support: gathers, assembles and analyzes information from a variety of sources, and prepare reports, manuals, agendas correspondence and memoranda using appropriate software.
- May support interdepartmental or cross functional projects, and serves as a backup to other R&D administrative assistant.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma; Associate’s degree preferred.
- Targeting 5 years’ related experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry. Previous R&D experience highly desired.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and able maintain confidential information.
- Must be able to work across multiple time zones.
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- High level of proficiency in all MS Suite programs.
- Must be able to work under pressure, prioritize projects and workload, anticipate needs of those supporting and work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work.
- Works proactively and demonstrates strong problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to display professionalism, decorum and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule and coordinate multiple projects, priorities and resources.
- Ability to think through a project or task of some complexity and execute from beginning to end independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, judgment and flexibility; and, able to support effective interactions between team members and among cross-functional teams.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
What we offer you (US-Based Employees):
- Competitive base, bonus, new hire and ongoing equity packages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a fully vested company match 1:1 up to 5%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 2-year purchase price lock-in
- 15+ vacation days
- 14 paid holidays plus one floating holiday of your choice, including office closure between December 24th and January 1st
- 10 days of paid sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
EEO Statement (US-Based Employees): Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications in the exact way they are described in job postings. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and innovative company and we are looking for the BEST candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background or may meet the qualifications in a different way. We would strongly encourage you to apply – especially if the reason you are the best candidate isn’t exactly as we describe it here.
It is the policy of Acadia to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to considerations of race, including related to hairstyle, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, gender transition, country of origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, legally-protected medical condition or information, marital status, domestic partner status, family care status, military caregiver status, veteran or military status (including reserve status, National Guard status, and military service or obligation), status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, enrollment in a public assistance program, or any basis protected under federal, state or local law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acadia is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. Furthermore, you may request additional support if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Acadia’s career website due to your disability, along with any accommodations throughout the interview process. To request or inquire about your reasonable accommodation, please complete our Reasonable Accommodation Request Form or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-261-2923.
Please note that reasonable accommodations granted throughout the recruiting process are not guaranteed to be the same accommodation given if hired. A new request will need to be submitted for any ADA accommodations after starting employment.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters): The Talent Acquisition team manages the recruitment and employment process for Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc. (“Acadia”). Acadia does not accept resumes from recruiters or search firms without an executed search agreement in place. Resumes sent to Acadia employees in absence of an executed search agreement will not obligate Acadia in any way with the respect to the future employment of those individuals or potential remuneration to any recruiter or search firm. Candidates should never be submitted directly to our hiring managers or employees.