Senior IT Business Analyst
The Sr. IT Business Analyst works closely with IT Business Partners to define and document key processes, requirements, knowledge articles, and user documentation. The Sr. IT Business Analyst will work both on projects, as a critical team member, and with operational teams to identify communication and training to help ease the introduction of new technologies and to further improve operational processes.
- Work with Business and IT Business Partners to help define and document business processes and requirements including, but not limited to, data flow, data storage, application usability, reporting and analytics
- Support project management in the implementation of technology solutions according to Acadia’s software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Lead or participate in multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation; managing project scope; adjusting schedules when necessary; determining daily priorities; ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and achievements; following proper critical issue paths; and managing customer and supplier relationships
- Create training materials, “How To’s,” and knowledge items to ease user adoption of new technology
- Create detailed user acceptance testing (UAT) scripts and facilitate UAT with business partners
- Define, coordinate and complete system integration testing to ensure solutions are built to requirements and specifications
- Facilitate resolution of Tier 1 and 2 application issues for business partners and bring up to vendor support as needed
- Act as operational lead for existing systems including holding recurring operational meetings with business partners and vendors, tracking and evaluating change requests, initiating change controls for implementation of changes, coordinating routine system patches and advancing issues to IT Business Partners
- Conduct source systems data quality analysis as needed
- Define standard operating procedures and perform periodic review activities for systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related field.
- Targeting 5 years of applied work experience. An equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered
- Ability to be highly organized, self-motivated with the capability to prioritize projects and workload
- Superb attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, including tact, diplomacy and flexibility
- Excellent skills in defining and documenting processes, requirements, and training materials
- Previous Pharma experience preferred or a desire to learn in a pharma environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The salary range for this role is $97,000.00 to $121,300.00. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance, and location. In addition to a competitive base salary, this position is also eligible for discretionary bonus and equity awards based on factors such as individual and organizational performance.
What we offer you:
- Competitive base, bonus, new hire and ongoing equity packages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a fully vested company match 1:1 up to 5%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 2-year purchase price lock-in
- 15+ vacation days
- 14 paid holidays plus one floating holiday of your choice, including office closure between December 24th and January 1st
- 10 days of paid sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
EEO Statement: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications in the exact way they are described in job postings. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and innovative company and we are looking for the BEST candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background or may meet the qualifications in a different way. We would strongly encourage you to apply – especially if the reason you are the best candidate isn’t exactly as we describe it here.
It is the policy of Acadia to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to considerations of race, including related to hairstyle, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, gender transition, country of origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, legally-protected medical condition or information, marital status, domestic partner status, family care status, military caregiver status, veteran or military status (including reserve status, National Guard status, and military service or obligation), status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, enrollment in a public assistance program, or any basis protected under federal, state or local law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acadia is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. Furthermore, you may request additional support if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Acadia’s career website due to your disability, along with any accommodations throughout the interview process. To request or inquire about your reasonable accommodation, please complete our Reasonable Accommodation Request Form or contact us at [email protected] or 858-261-2923.
Please note that reasonable accommodations granted throughout the recruiting process are not guaranteed to be the same accommodation given if hired. A new request will need to be submitted for any ADA accommodations after starting employment.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters): The Talent Acquisition team manages the recruitment and employment process for Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc. (“Acadia”). Acadia does not accept resumes from recruiters or search firms without an executed search agreement in place. Resumes sent to Acadia employees in absence of an executed search agreement will not obligate Acadia in any way with the respect to the future employment of those individuals or potential remuneration to any recruiter or search firm. Candidates should never be submitted directly to our hiring managers or employees.