Director Health Systems
Seeking Talent near: Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; Denver, CO; Dallas, TX; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Washington, DC; Charlotte, NC; Orlando, FL; Atlanta, GA
Responsible for developing and leading a team of Health System Managers while simultaneously hands-on management of strategic Ecosystem initiatives that best serve the needs of health systems, Key Medical Experts, and area Advocacy and Medical Societies that result in an acceleration of Acadia & brand access.
The qualified candidate must have a proven track record of leading high-level strategic Account Managers with practical experience of health system management. The qualified candidate should also:
- Motivate and lead the Health Systems team (HSM’s) to ensure the implementation and impact of identified Health System strategies and tactics
- Live and breathe the customer’s world to enable the Health Systems team to develop and maintain a high level of customer knowledge
- Lead Health Systems Managers to effectively conduct internal matrix cross-functional leadership through the development & execution of Ecosystem strategic account plans
- Partner and display leadership with internal cross-functional partners to ensure Ecosystem projects reach operationalization
- Build strong networks with Health System Key Medical Experts to identify scalable account based opportunities
- Empower the Health Systems team to drive new opportunity creation through the execution of strategic plans and inspire HSM’s to think creatively about new ways to engage with the customer.
- Lead by example and enable direct reports to use your relationships to facilitate engagement
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in leading and managing a highly skilled team of individuals
- Strong personal drive and proven record in fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to problem solve and drive innovation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills with both external & internal matrix partners
- Ability to conduct effective presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or timelines
Key Functions Of The Job May Also Include
- Leverage business knowledge and insights to guide key account business strategies and lead team to build tactical plans
- Leading and setting the direction for cross-functional initiatives, overseeing a budget
- Manage overarching strategic relationships with Health Systems and Key Medical Experts (KME)
- Oversee HSM planning, training and readiness activities, work closely with Marketing, Advocacy, Access, Medical and Sales to ensure coordinated customer engagement.
- Seasoned commercial professional, with 10+ years of commercial experience, within those, 3+ years Health Systems experience
- Minimum of 5 years of biotech/pharma sales management experience. Marketing, Specialty Pharmacy product experience and/or CNS experience a plus.
- Ability to analyze data and insight to define strategy.
- Ability to operate independently without strong support/guidance.
- Work well within a fast-paced and dynamic environment with the ability to have an impact in a short space of time.
- Must exhibit leadership skills, ability to perform in fast-paced environments, and ability to influence without authority.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and a polished executive presence are required.
- Ability to travel 50-75%
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Ability to travel by car or airplane independently up to 75% of the time and work after hours if required by travel schedule or business issues. Required to live within a reasonable distance to a major airport.
The salary range for this role is $185,000.00 to $230,900.00. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance, and location. In addition to a competitive base salary, this position is also eligible for discretionary bonus and equity awards based on factors such as individual and organizational performance.
What we offer you:
- Competitive base, bonus, new hire and ongoing equity packages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a fully vested company match 1:1 up to 5%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 2-year purchase price lock-in
- 15+ vacation days
- 14 paid holidays plus one floating holiday of your choice, including office closure between December 24th and January 1st
- 10 days of paid sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
EEO Statement: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications in the exact way they are described in job postings. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and innovative company and we are looking for the BEST candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background or may meet the qualifications in a different way. We would strongly encourage you to apply – especially if the reason you are the best candidate isn’t exactly as we describe it here.
It is the policy of Acadia to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to considerations of race, including related to hairstyle, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, gender transition, country of origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, legally-protected medical condition or information, marital status, domestic partner status, family care status, military caregiver status, veteran or military status (including reserve status, National Guard status, and military service or obligation), status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, enrollment in a public assistance program, or any basis protected under federal, state or local law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acadia is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. Furthermore, you may request additional support if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Acadia’s career website due to your disability, along with any accommodations throughout the interview process. To request or inquire about your reasonable accommodation, please complete our Reasonable Accommodation Request Form or contact us at [email protected] or 858-261-2923.
Please note that reasonable accommodations granted throughout the recruiting process are not guaranteed to be the same accommodation given if hired. A new request will need to be submitted for any ADA accommodations after starting employment.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters): The Talent Acquisition team manages the recruitment and employment process for Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc. (“Acadia”). Acadia does not accept resumes from recruiters or search firms without an executed search agreement in place. Resumes sent to Acadia employees in absence of an executed search agreement will not obligate Acadia in any way with the respect to the future employment of those individuals or potential remuneration to any recruiter or search firm. Candidates should never be submitted directly to our hiring managers or employees.