Chief of Staff to the COO and Head of Commercial
Please be aware that Acadia has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees.
The Chief of Staff will work within Acadia’s cross-functional Commercial leadership team to build, refine and implement the companies’ strategies and operational executional plans. This person will play a key role in driving large projects within the business. This person will also be a major go between identifying and facilitating key links/collaborations outside of the Commercial Organization (ie Finance, Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, IT, etc.) to ensure alignment with Commercial Strategy and Execution priorities, while gaining unique insights and access to the organizational strategy and direction. Working with key collaborators across the organization, this person will have oversight in building the meeting agendas and materials and support Commercial Leadership in the development of Commercial presentations for Acadia’s Board of Directors, EMC and PSC meetings. This strategic and facilitative role requires excellent diplomacy skills and the desire to play an active role behind-the-scenes to refine our business plans.
- Supports a broad range of functional areas and partners on Commercial Projects, including the communication of project status and ensures project team goals and deliverables are met.
- Actively supports and participates in meetings, capturing decisions made and action plans to share with the broader teams.
- Uses excellent planning skills to ensure all department projects remain on track and teams are aligned.
- Communicates effectively in both oral and written platforms to keep all collaborators engaged and aligned to Commercial objectives.
- Through an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of each department, serves as a partner to help identify necessary resources, potential process bottlenecks/redundancies or opportunities to accelerate plans. Additionally, identifies best practices across franchises to fast track efficiencies and impact.
- Plays the role of key influencer with cross functional departments and partners for both current and future business growth by strategically interfacing cross-functionally.
- Identify business priorities that need to be presented and discussed at key corporate meetings.
- Develops and present sound proposals and recommendations and lead discussions on how to determine and prioritize strategic priorities.
- Acts as an internal consultant to drive collaboration, cross-functional clarity and alignment on commercial projects, initiatives, and operations.
- Provides guidance to team members to objectively assess and resolve commercial project and operational issues by identifying root causes as opportunities to improve effectiveness.
- Define future capabilities needed to enhance the organization's ability to make the shifts necessary for future growth.
- Generate insights into external best-practice and peer company strategies positively impacting commercialization in a changing healthcare landscape.
- Prepare executive level communications using a clear understanding of the business strategy.
- Maintains a high compliance posture and ensures adherence to company policies, quality system requirements, as well as other legal and regulatory directives.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; MBA preferred. Targeting 15 years relevant experience focusing on operations and cross-functional team leadership at a pharmaceutical/biotech company which includes experience with effectively managing process and projects. Commercial Strategy within the US healthcare sector preferred. An equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered.
Key Candidate Qualities:
- Strong cross-functional leadership abilities and an excellent working knowledge of the pharmaceutical drug development process
- Highly-developed communications skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal savvy
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commercialization process for both development stage and in market pharmaceutical assets
- Proven active listening skills and the ability to distill complex issues and present them in a clear, easy to understand manner
- Organizational and political agility; developed negotiation skills
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust
- Able to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Strong strategic/financial analysis skills
- Ability to work quickly across departments to gather inputs, create alignment and deliver project results on time
- Ability to support multiple programs while being well-organized, have strong time management skills, and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and effective judgement in managing multiple priorities
- Experience working closely with executive management in various work situations
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge and skill with PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and other reporting and tracking tools and communication software
- Ability to develop, track, and communicate project timelines to team members
- Ability to accommodate shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies, strategies and approaches that enhance the team’s ability to achieve goals and meet timelines/deliverables
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Employee must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in accordance with our policy and third-party requirements and also meet all additional local, state, and federal vaccination requirements for conducting in-person field coaching days, customer visits, admittance into local Community HCP Offices, as well as for attendance at Medical Congresses and Local Conferences for in person participation and exhibiting.
Recognized as an influential leader with the ability to influence without authority. With exceptional leadership skills, effectively mentors, motivates and empowers team members. Works with abstract ideas or situations that may affect other functional areas of the business and where analysis of situations or data requires collaboration and an understanding of the impact on other functional areas, business strategies, and the company's overall goals. Works on issues of diverse scope which require evaluation of a variety of factors and an understanding of functional area objectives and trends. Erroneous decisions may result in added costs and impact the short-term and long-term goals of the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Ability to travel by car or airplane independently overnight up to 20% of the time and work after hours if required by travel schedule or business issues. International travel may be required.
Employee must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in accordance with our policy and in order to meet any independent vaccination requirements that our clients and client facilities may have.
What we offer you:
- Competitive base, bonus, new hire and ongoing equity packages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a fully vested company match 1:1 up to 5%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 2-year purchase price lock-in
- 15+ vacation days
- 14 paid holidays plus one floating holiday of your choice, including office closure between December 24th and January 1st
- 10 days of paid sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications in the exact way they are described in job postings. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and innovative company and we are looking for the BEST candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background or may meet the qualifications in a different way. We would strongly encourage you to apply – especially if the reason you are the best candidate isn’t exactly as we describe it here.
It is the policy of Acadia to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to considerations of race, including related to hairstyle, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, gender transition, country of origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, legally-protected medical condition or information, marital status, domestic partner status, family care status, military caregiver status, veteran or military status (including reserve status, National Guard status, and military service or obligation), status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, enrollment in a public assistance program, or any basis protected under federal, state or local law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acadia is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. Furthermore, you may request additional support if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Acadia’s career website due to your disability, along with any accommodations throughout the interview process. To request or inquire about your reasonable accommodation, please complete our Reasonable Accommodation Request Form or contact us at [email protected] or 858-261-2923.
Please note that reasonable accommodations granted throughout the recruiting process are not guaranteed to be the same accommodation given if hired. A new request will need to be submitted for any ADA accommodations after starting employment.