Senior Area Business Manager - Indianapolis, IN
Please be aware that Acadia has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees.
Seeking talent near: Indianapolis, IN; Louisville, KY
Senior Area Business Manager is responsible for all aspects of managing assigned sales territory, including launching and selling products, meeting individual territory goals, and addressing customer needs.
- Impact customers by providing valued services, applying approved marketing and corporate resources to help providers identify and begin appropriate patient therapy.
- Apply knowledge, critical thinking, and dialogue skills to deliver substantial customer experiences that result in satisfaction, equity, and loyalty.
- Develop positive relationships that facilitate mutual respect with HCP customers including key opinion leaders’ (KOLs’) and stakeholders.
- Identify and investigate customer concerns, and connect with appropriate staff to promptly resolve issues.
- Analyzes sales potential and then objectively implements in the territory to ensure appropriate calls, reach, frequency, business meals, speaker programs, etc. to achieve consistently strong business results.
- Create and manage strategic business plans for assigned accounts to enhance patient access results
- Collaborate with sales management, region/area teammates, patient access managers, market access, patient advocacy liaison, sales operations, sales training, and marketing.
- Attend conferences, trainings, exhibits, meetings, and product launches as required.
- Provide recommendations on solutions to deliver upon unmet needs, with a specific focus on the rare disease space
- Competence in identifying issues and providing effective solutions to address them.
- Understand how Acadia products are reimbursed and handle strategic business methods to increase patient access and attainment of sales to achieve company goals.
- Remains aligned with all regulations in the course of carrying out responsibilities with proficiency, integrity, and accountability.
- Undertake leadership opportunities to advance personal growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with specialty and complex sales required, and experience must be relevant to trofinetide skillsets.
- 2+ years of relevant rare disease experience strongly preferred.
- History of working in Pediatric Neurology and/or CNS/Neurology markets with launch experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with specialty distribution (specialty hub and reimbursement), partnering with customers/stakeholders such as key opinion leaders, academic institutions, centers of excellence, hospitals, patient advocacy and support organizations, and patients/caregivers in therapeutic areas such as neurology strongly preferred.
- Must be in good standing with the FDA and OIG.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding disease state and product knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work cross-functionally to strategize, align, and build practical business plans that enable patient access to therapy.
- Ability to anticipate future business opportunities and customer needs, operating with business ownership or general manager mentality.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with key customers and build networks within the neuroscience community
- Experience developing KOLs and Speakers
- Organized, problem solver, self-motivated, and takes initiative
- Consistently models professionalism, integrity, and the ability to follow a strict policy, work in a highly regulated environment, and maintain confidential information and data
- Must live within the territory and depending on the territory’s geography and work requirements may also be required to live within a reasonable distance to a major airport.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and maintenance of an acceptable driving record.
- Must follow all applicable guidelines as set forth in the Company Fleet Management Program including periodic DMV reviews.
- Requires significant and extensive driving of a company-provided car daily as well as overnight travel depending on the territory’s geography.
- Air travel is also required, based on the territory’s geography, to the Company’s headquarters and for regional and national meetings and events.
- Employee must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in accordance with our policy and third-party requirements and also meet all additional local, state, and federal vaccination requirements for conducting in-person field coaching days, customer visits, admittance into local Community HCP Offices, as well as for attendance at Medical Congresses and Local Conferences for in-person participation and exhibiting.
Employee must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in accordance with our policy and in order to meet any independent vaccination requirements that our clients and client facilities may have.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Ability to personally drive and remain eligible for a company-provided car for day-to-day work requirements and to travel by airplane independently as needed. Travel up to 80% of the time (depending on territory geography) and work after hours if required by travel schedule or business issues. Must live within 30 miles of the required territory cities. Depending on the territory’s geography and work requirements, may also be required to live within a reasonable distance to a major airport.
What we offer you:
- Competitive base, bonus, new hire and ongoing equity packages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a fully vested company match 1:1 up to 5%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 2-year purchase price lock-in
- 15+ vacation days
- 14 paid holidays plus one floating holiday of your choice, including office closure between December 24th and January 1st
- 10 days of paid sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications in the exact way they are described in job postings. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and innovative company and we are looking for the BEST candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background or may meet the qualifications in a different way. We would strongly encourage you to apply – especially if the reason you are the best candidate isn’t exactly as we describe it here.
It is the policy of Acadia to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to considerations of race, including related to hairstyle, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, gender transition, country of origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, legally-protected medical condition or information, marital status, domestic partner status, family care status, military caregiver status, veteran or military status (including reserve status, National Guard status, and military service or obligation), status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, enrollment in a public assistance program, or any basis protected under federal, state or local law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acadia is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. Furthermore, you may request additional support if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Acadia’s career website due to your disability, along with any accommodations throughout the interview process. To request or inquire about your reasonable accommodation, please complete our Reasonable Accommodation Request Form or contact us at [email protected] or 858-261-2923.
Please note that reasonable accommodations granted throughout the recruiting process are not guaranteed to be the same accommodation given if hired. A new request will need to be submitted for any ADA accommodations after starting employment.