Neuroscience Regional Sales Manager - Central
Please be aware that Acadia has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees.
Seeking talent near: Minneapolis, MN; Chicago, IL; Des Moines, IA; Omaha, NE
Responsible for managing a team of specialty sales specialists and leading them toward delivering consistent successful sales results.
- Directly leads and manages a team of specialty sales specialists including hiring, developing, coaching, and evaluating.
- Serves as a resource to the team as an expert in disease state, selling process, product knowledge, and customer engagement in the specialty care environment.
- Responsible for business management such as budgeting and action planning.
- Oversees execution of all elements of sales implementation and execution such as account management, resource implementation, and customer development.
- Responsible for account management activities as needed.
Lead the Team
- Recruit, interview, and hire sales specialists.
- Build a winning, customer-centric culture – and model it by establishing strong relationships directly with important customers.
- Motivate and inspire a team toward a common vision.
- Plan and execute effective sales meetings.
- Contribute to the oversight and guidance of Acadia, and represent well its mission and values.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies.
- Engaged in extra-curricular corporate projects across various organizational functions that impact the greater organization in the community.
- Partner with cross-functional partners in the development of strategic business plans at the Regional level that will drive top-line growth for the organization.
- Work with Commercial Effectiveness Training team in the execution of New Hire as well as ongoing continuous improvement skill-based training.
- Support the Commercial Brand team with ongoing front-line feedback and insight in the ideation and development of innovative approved resources that will advance organizational business objectives for the patients we serve.
Coach Sales Specialists
- Complete in-person field visits on a regular basis and coach sales specialists on the key principles of customer engagement as well as territory and account management.
- Evaluate sales specialist behaviors – providing recognition or identifying development areas as appropriate.
- Handle personnel issues in a timely fashion as they arise.
- Collaborate with their specialists to create robust development plans for success in current and future roles with Acadia
Manage the Business
- Create clear expectations and hold the team accountable to them.
- Establish alignment through a business planning and review process.
- Develop and adhere to a budget.
- Monitor and analyze business results and make necessary adjustments.
- Meet or exceed sales expectations.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Life Sciences. A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in pharmaceutical or medical sales with 2 years in sales management, with a focus on neuroscience preferred. Previous specialty experience is strongly preferred.
Internal Candidate Requirements:
Internal field sales candidates must currently be with Acadia for a minimum of 12 months Acadia with a consistent track record of success, including overall sales results in the top 25% two of the last three years and within the top third of the nation in the current year being evaluated for the position. Candidate must have demonstrated leadership capabilities on a regional and/or national level. Performance must be at the “Achieving” level in accordance with performance management ratings for each of the applicable eligibility years and individual must have a history of demonstrating behaviors consistent with Acadia values. May not have received any adverse performance management action within the prior 12 months.Must possess:
- Demonstrated leadership and field coaching ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with key customers and build networks within the medical community.
- Ability to anticipate future business opportunities and customer needs.
- Ability to complete verbal and written evaluations of others.
- Organization, initiative, and self-motivation.
- Professionalism, integrity, and the ability to comply to strict policy, work in a highly regulated environment, and maintain confidential information and data.
- Skilled at effectively communicating department or area issues and results within and across functional areas and conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or timelines. Able to gain the cooperation of others.
- Skilled at effectively leading a cooperative team effort and organizing resources to achieve team goals. Able to make and prioritize process and resource decisions based on overall team needs.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must live within the boundaries of the region or a directly neighboring region, and near a major airport as significant overnight travel may be required.
- Meet all local, state, and federal vaccination requirements for conducting in-person field coaching days, customer visits, and admittance into local Community HCP Offices, as well as for attendance at Medical Congresses and Local Conferences for in-person participation and exhibiting.
- Employee must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in accordance with our policy and third-party requirements and also meet all additional local, state, and federal vaccination requirements for conducting in-person field coaching days, customer visits, admittance into local Community HCP Offices, as well as for attendance at Medical Congresses and Local Conferences for in person participation and exhibiting.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Ability to travel by car or airplane independently up to 70% of the time and work after hours if required by travel schedule or business issues. Consistent with our duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards, Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc. (“Acadia”) has adopted this policy to safeguard the health and well-being of employees and their families, our customers, visitors, patients, caregivers, and the community from the risks associated with COVID-19. All covered employees must be fully vaccinated with an FDA-approved vaccine (including emergency authorized vaccines). Official documentation of vaccination status must be verified by our third party vaccination verification service. Employees must certify that the documentation they are submitting is true and correct. Digital copies of the records are acceptable. Employees in need of a long-term exemption from this policy due to a disability or medical reason, or because of their sincerely held religious belief, must contact their HR Business Partner to begin the interactive process to request an accommodation. Employees who request a reasonable accommodation will not be discriminated or retaliated against. Acadia reserves the right to request records of vaccination status as part of the terms of consideration of employment by Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc. (“Acadia”).
Employee must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in accordance with our policy and in order to meet any independent vaccination requirements that our clients and client facilities may have.
What we offer you:
- Competitive base, bonus, new hire and ongoing equity packages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a fully vested company match 1:1 up to 5%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 2-year purchase price lock-in
- 15+ vacation days
- 14 paid holidays plus one floating holiday of your choice, including office closure between December 24th and January 1st
- 10 days of paid sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications in the exact way they are described in job postings. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and innovative company and we are looking for the BEST candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background or may meet the qualifications in a different way. We would strongly encourage you to apply – especially if the reason you are the best candidate isn’t exactly as we describe it here.
It is the policy of Acadia to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to considerations of race, including related to hairstyle, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, gender transition, country of origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, legally-protected medical condition or information, marital status, domestic partner status, family care status, military caregiver status, veteran or military status (including reserve status, National Guard status, and military service or obligation), status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, enrollment in a public assistance program, or any basis protected under federal, state or local law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acadia is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. Furthermore, you may request additional support if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Acadia’s career website due to your disability, along with any accommodations throughout the interview process. To request or inquire about your reasonable accommodation, please complete our Reasonable Accommodation Request Form or contact us at [email protected] or 858-261-2923.
Please note that reasonable accommodations granted throughout the recruiting process are not guaranteed to be the same accommodation given if hired. A new request will need to be submitted for any ADA accommodations after starting employment.