Associate Director Field Training - Rare Disease
Please be aware that Acadia has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees.
The Associate Director, Field Training is responsible for creating, maintaining and implementing a field-based training continuum for all Acadia products and indications. This individual collaborates and partners with other members of the Commercial Effectiveness and Training (CET) team, marketing, and field leadership to assess the needs of our organization, support key marketing tactics, elevate disease state and product expertise that can be woven into the Acadia Customer Engagement Model. Training programs managed will span the Learning Continuum from Onboarding New Hires to ongoing learning for members of the sales organization. The incumbent will lead the development of training plans, communication, and on-line learning programs & content supporting the sales team. The Associate Director, Field Training will be instrumental in leading the building of training workshops around National and Regional Sales Meetings.
- Develops and maintains commercial training curriculum from the onboarding processes, new hire training, advanced training, and ongoing learning to meet the current and emerging needs of the field commercial employees
- Responsible for the development, updating, and implementation of all training modules, content, and programs that are appropriate for field commercial employees
- Creates training materials that enhance the learning process; including study guides, home-study materials, assessments, frequently asked questions, competitive overviews, etc. and works with leadership and HR on follow-up and corrective action as appropriate
- Interfaces and collaborates with the marketing team to develop training and communications to support brand strategy
- Development of materials, job aids, sales training backgrounders, competitive backgrounders, and market updates to support brand strategy
- Handle contracts and expenses with external consultants and vendors within budgetary guidelines
- Lead content development and maintain Learning System which includes training modules and materials as well as live workshop content designed for a new hire
- Handles the approval of training materials and resources through Acadia’s MLR (Medical, Legal, and Regulatory) process including regularly attending MLR meetings
- Handle contracts and expenses with external vendors within budgetary guidelines
- Works with corporate compliance and/or our compliance agency partner to ensure commercial field market access employees are trained and up-to-date on policies and procedures that affect their respective functional areas
- Partners with CET colleagues and Sales Team to gain insight from commercial field leadership in order to identify ongoing training priorities and develops necessary content to meet those needs of each field team
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (science or business preferred)MBA preferred. An equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered
- A minimum of 8 years progressively responsible experience in Pharmaceutical or Medical Sales and Learning & Development, with a minimum of 2 years in a training role. Requires prior pharmaceutical sales experience, first-line pharmaceutical/biotech sales management experience, vendor and contract management
- Experience with product launches and developing New Hire Training plans is highly desired. A focus on Rare Disease, Pediatric Neurology, Neurology, Pediatrics, and Primary Care is strongly preferred
- Strong written communication skills
- Proven ability in creating effective learning & development materials
- Proven application of adult learning principles
- Demonstrated servant leadership
- Excellent facilitation skills in small and large groups
- Experience submitting and handling content for MLR approval prior to delivery
- Experience handling contracts and expenses with external vendors within budgetary guidelines
- Experience in launching a product (Sales, Managed Markets, and/or Learning & Development) is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and accountable to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- History of intellectual curiosity
- Organization, initiative, and self-motivation
- Strong project management experience and vendor management experience
- Professionalism, integrity, and the ability to comply with strict policy, work in a highly regulated environment and maintain confidential information and data
- Skilled at negotiating with business partners or management and influencing senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
- Proficient at creating and communicating a clear vision among team members effectively aligning resources and activities to achieve functional area and/or organizational goals
- Ability to travel up to 30% overnight
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Ability to travel by car or airplane independently up to 30% of the time and work after hours if required by travel schedule or business issues.
What we offer you:
- Competitive base, bonus, new hire and ongoing equity packages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a fully vested company match 1:1 up to 5%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 2-year purchase price lock-in
- 15+ vacation days
- 14 paid holidays plus one floating holiday of your choice, including office closure between December 24th and January 1st
- 10 days of paid sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications in the exact way they are described in job postings. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and innovative company and we are looking for the BEST candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background or may meet the qualifications in a different way. We would strongly encourage you to apply – especially if the reason you are the best candidate isn’t exactly as we describe it here.
It is the policy of Acadia to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to considerations of race, including related to hairstyle, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, gender transition, country of origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, legally-protected medical condition or information, marital status, domestic partner status, family care status, military caregiver status, veteran or military status (including reserve status, National Guard status, and military service or obligation), status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, enrollment in a public assistance program, or any basis protected under federal, state or local law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acadia is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. Furthermore, you may request additional support if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Acadia’s career website due to your disability, along with any accommodations throughout the interview process. To request or inquire about your reasonable accommodation, please complete our Reasonable Accommodation Request Form or contact us at [email protected] or 858-261-2923.
Please note that reasonable accommodations granted throughout the recruiting process are not guaranteed to be the same accommodation given if hired. A new request will need to be submitted for any ADA accommodations after starting employment.