Senior Director Specialty Channel and Trade Relations
Please be aware that Acadia has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees.
The Senior Director, Specialty Channel and Trade Relations will serve as the Distribution market knowledge expert and is responsible for the strategic direction of the Distribution Channel. The role is responsible for the overall relationships between Acadia and the company’s specialty distribution network and retail partners. The role will serve as an integral, cross-functional partner responsible for improving and managing service and data contracts, evaluating operational efficiency, and problem-solving for products dispensed/sold through Specialty Pharmacy (SP) and Specialty Distributor (SD) channels, including any Retail channel opportunities. Responsible for the planning and execution for the specialty and trade channels while maintaining a high level of teamwork and integration internally including Patient Services, Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Safety, PV, and Legal and Regulatory.
This position will decide strategic network direction and identify initiatives to improve operational outcomes that enhance SP, SD, and retail services. Key experience will include working with SD and Retail partners to deliver optimal channel outcomes. Will provide strategic insight on key marketplace channel dynamics and evaluate driven activity within the distribution channel.
- Contributes to the management of specialty pharmacy, specialty distributor, third-party logistics (3PL), and retail relationships
- Leads development and implementation of account-level plans of action for the SP, SD, and retail
- Ability to find opportunities for partnership through the understanding of customer and Acadia strategies
- Strong negotiation skills that lead to profitable and mutually beneficial customer agreements. Ability to understand the customer's point of view; however, prepared to constructively challenge where necessary
- Effectively lead contract negotiation/implementation. Including financial return on investment analysis, contract language negotiation, and clear and concise business presentations
- Acts as key point of contact for internal customers regarding operations (data reporting, contract management, metrics, etc.)
- Supports program development and day-to-day management of ongoing specialty programs, inclusive of enhancements to reporting and performance tracking
- Competence in identifying issues and providing effective solutions to address them. Including identifying the facts, listening to relevant parties, analyzing inputs, and providing a clearly communicated solution
- Monitors channel partner inventories and implements plan(s) to ensure appropriate inventories are in place to meet demand. Communicates effectively with collaborators to review the plan and track performance to plan. Collaborates with channel partners to ensure issues are addressed and resolved
- Monitors performance of channel partners to contract terms and conditions through tracking of metrics
- Facilitates quarterly business reviews with channel partners
- Owns the evaluation of integrated delivery network (IDN) specialty pharmacies, as well as any other emerging opportunities, to potentially include in ACADIA’s distribution network(s)
- Handles relationships and contracts with IDN specialty pharmacies and IDN data aggregator(s)
- Supports the evaluation of new channel partners and novel distribution initiatives
- Attends outside meetings or conferences, as appropriate, and monitors competitive landscape to stay abreast of distribution trends, including new and existing trading partners that may impact channel strategies
- Develop and/or demonstrate appropriate policies and procedures for the department
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in life science or related field; MBA preferred. An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be considered
- Twelve (12) years experience in specialty distribution or retail channel, with either manufacturer and/or specialty pharmacy side of the business
- Preferred experience with channel partner contracting/support, familiarity with specialty data aggregators, program/product launch, and CNS products
- Consistent track record of building and fostering key specialty distributor and/or specialty pharmacy partner relationships
- Knowledge of specialty trade channels and partner operations
- Executive presence with a strong sense of accountability and urgency for defined areas of responsibility
- Highly effective presentation skills both written and verbal
- Outstanding customer relationships, interpersonal, and communication skills across diverse audiences and influence cross-functionally
- Shown success in high-impact execution and program development
- Strong project management capabilities including time and events, scenario and contingency planning, and the ability to ensure timely and on-budget delivery of outputs and deliverables
- Strong analytical skills
- Evidence of proven ability to balance multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate in English in verbal, written, and presentation form
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Travel by car or airplane independently up to 40% of the time to attend conferences, meetings, and the corporate head office.
What we offer you:
- Competitive base, bonus, new hire and ongoing equity packages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a fully vested company match 1:1 up to 5%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 2-year purchase price lock-in
- 15+ vacation days
- 14 paid holidays plus one floating holiday of your choice, including office closure between December 24th and January 1st
- 10 days of paid sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications in the exact way they are described in job postings. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and innovative company and we are looking for the BEST candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background or may meet the qualifications in a different way. We would strongly encourage you to apply – especially if the reason you are the best candidate isn’t exactly as we describe it here.
It is the policy of Acadia to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to considerations of race, including related to hairstyle, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, gender transition, country of origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, legally-protected medical condition or information, marital status, domestic partner status, family care status, military caregiver status, veteran or military status (including reserve status, National Guard status, and military service or obligation), status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, enrollment in a public assistance program, or any basis protected under federal, state or local law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acadia is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. Furthermore, you may request additional support if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Acadia’s career website due to your disability, along with any accommodations throughout the interview process. To request or inquire about your reasonable accommodation, please complete our Reasonable Accommodation Request Form or contact us at [email protected] or 858-261-2923.
Please note that reasonable accommodations granted throughout the recruiting process are not guaranteed to be the same accommodation given if hired. A new request will need to be submitted for any ADA accommodations after starting employment.