Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer
Please be aware that Acadia has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees.
Responsible for the development, implementation, and management of the company’s healthcare compliance program and day-to-day legal support for the Commercial and Medical Affairs teams. Additional responsibilities as may be agreed with the Executive Vice President, General Counsel.
- Resolves highly complex ethics and compliance matters.
- Identifies compliance risk and provides proactive compliance guidance on tactical initiatives.
- Provides leadership and guidance on business programs.
- Works with business clients to mitigate risk and implement solutions.
- Provides legal expertise regarding regulatory and compliance issues, including FDA regulations, False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, OIG and OPDP guidances, the PhRMA Code, the Sunshine Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and competition law in connection with product labeling, promotional and promotional activities, marketing strategies, sales compensation, government reimbursement, and interactions with healthcare professionals.
- J.D. with significant experience in resolving difficult legal and compliance issues with Sales, Market Access, Marketing, Commercial Operations, Medical Affairs and Clinical Operations in pharmaceuticals or biotechnology.
- Legal expertise with regulatory and compliance issues, including FDA regulations, False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, OIG guidance, the PhRMA Code, the Sunshine Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and competition law in connection with product labeling, promotional and promotional activities, marketing strategies, sales compensation, government reimbursement.
- Prior proven leadership experience in leading compliance programs and/or teams providing day-to-day legal support of commercial stage pharmaceutical or biotechnology companies.
- Depth of knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical legal and compliance issues.
- Prior experience implementing effective compliance programs.
- Experience in developing and implementing program-wide policies and procedures, conducting investigations, and identifying and resolving operational issues.
- Deep experience in assessing and identifying learning needs as well as providing education and training designed to support a learning organization.
- Experience in appropriately managing confidential and sensitive information.
- Proven analytical abilities and proficient planning and negotiation skills.
- Strong team leadership and project management skills.
- Skilled at consolidating and communicating information from diverse sources through all levels of the organization, up to executive management across all functional areas.
- Adept at linking the team vision to company goals, strategy, and objectives and fostering a common vision within and between teams.
- Proficient optimizing resources and activities to achieve organizational goals.
- Must be willing to travel up to 20%.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently of remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Ability to travel overnight by car or airplane independently up to 30% of the time and work after hours if required by travel schedule or business issues.
What we offer you:
- Competitive base, bonus, new hire and ongoing equity packages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a fully vested company match 1:1 up to 5%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 2-year purchase price lock-in
- 15+ vacation days
- 14 paid holidays plus one floating holiday of your choice, including office closure between December 24th and January 1st
- 10 days of paid sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications in the exact way they are described in job postings. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and innovative company and we are looking for the BEST candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background or may meet the qualifications in a different way. We would strongly encourage you to apply – especially if the reason you are the best candidate isn’t exactly as we describe it here.
It is the policy of Acadia to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to considerations of race, including related to hairstyle, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, gender transition, country of origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, legally-protected medical condition or information, marital status, domestic partner status, family care status, military caregiver status, veteran or military status (including reserve status, National Guard status, and military service or obligation), status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, enrollment in a public assistance program, or any basis protected under federal, state or local law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acadia is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. Furthermore, you may request additional support if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Acadia’s career website due to your disability, along with any accommodations throughout the interview process. To request or inquire about your reasonable accommodation, please complete our Reasonable Accommodation Request Form or contact us at [email protected] or 858-261-2923.
Please note that reasonable accommodations granted throughout the recruiting process are not guaranteed to be the same accommodation given if hired. A new request will need to be submitted for any ADA accommodations after starting employment.