Director Commercial Operations
Please be aware that Acadia has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees.
Responsible for developing and overseeing programs for the Commercial Insights Analytics & Operations (CIAO) team in the areas of sales performance metrics, sales force sub-national commercial analytics and insights, sales headcount and budget resources, incentive compensation, field communications, and vendor management. This individual will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day management of IC program!
- Establishes and manages an Incentive Compensation business plan reflecting clear alignment with the Commercial organization’s strategic priorities
- Acts as key point of contact for Commercial field teams including Sales Leadership
- Carries out key activities within Commercial Operations, including but not limited to:
- Field Targeting & Call Plan Optimization - Leads efforts with direction of area and regional team leads to update using a vendor
- Call Plan Development - leads call planning process and ensures timely roll out to the field
- Sales Effectiveness Metrics – Works with senior leadership and IT to complete series of dashboards to effectively manage the business
- Collaborate with Commercial Analytics to pull through analytics and insights projects
- Work with Commercial Analytics setting field sales quotas to ensure alignment with topline forecast
- Commercial Field Size and Structure – Works with commercial leadership team to determine optimum size and structure based on lifecycle management activities and new product opportunities
- Incentive Compensation (IC) – Leads IC Program with CIAO team and IC Governance Committee. Partners with vendor to provide plan design and administration that is both motiving for the sales force and aligns with the business goals. Institute an IC process and document for all cross-functional partners
- Master Data Management & Data Governance - In conjunction with IT, ensures the systems and processes are in place are established and efficient
- Establish a collaborative working relationships with Finance to optimize the financial management of Field Incentive Compensation Program
- Maintains Weekly Execution Dashboards and collaborates with internal Commercial partner(s) to develop and launch
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or related field; MS/MBA highly desirable. An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be considered
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a variety of Sales & Marketing positions including 3 years in Commercial or Sales Operations and a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role
- Prior experience in targeting and call plan optimization and crafting dashboards that yield effective data
- Prior experience planning and handling incentive compensation
- Highly proficient with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to think critically and form a methodical analytic approach to solving business problems
- Experience in sales and sales leadership. Prior success in communicating, understanding and supporting Field needs
- Commercial Operations (Field or HQ) management and leadership experience
- Knowledge of data aggregation tools, industry physician level data, IQ 20.20 or similar analytics platforms
- Multi-channel sales or commercial operations experience-Long Term Care, Specialty, IDN’s
- Insightful understanding of regulatory, legal and medical requirements for pharmaceutical marketing
- Skilled in crafting and implementing business plans which align with the organization’s strategy
- Ability to manage and optimize vendor relationships
- Skilled at negotiating with business partners or management and influencing senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
- Proficient at crafting and presenting a clear vision among team members effectively aligning resources and activities to achieve functional area and/or organizational goals
Establishes strategic plans for designated function(s). Develops methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of functional area and related organizational objectives. Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional area and may impact the long term success of the Company.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
What we offer you:
- Competitive base, bonus, new hire and ongoing equity packages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a fully vested company match 1:1 up to 5%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 2-year purchase price lock-in
- 15+ vacation days
- 14 paid holidays plus one floating holiday of your choice, including office closure between December 24th and January 1st
- 10 days of paid sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications in the exact way they are described in job postings. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and innovative company and we are looking for the BEST candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background or may meet the qualifications in a different way. We would strongly encourage you to apply – especially if the reason you are the best candidate isn’t exactly as we describe it here.
It is the policy of Acadia to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to considerations of race, including related to hairstyle, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, gender transition, country of origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, legally-protected medical condition or information, marital status, domestic partner status, family care status, military caregiver status, veteran or military status (including reserve status, National Guard status, and military service or obligation), status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, enrollment in a public assistance program, or any basis protected under federal, state or local law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acadia is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. Furthermore, you may request additional support if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Acadia’s career website due to your disability, along with any accommodations throughout the interview process. To request or inquire about your reasonable accommodation, please complete our Reasonable Accommodation Request Form or contact us at [email protected] or 858-261-2923.
Please note that reasonable accommodations granted throughout the recruiting process are not guaranteed to be the same accommodation given if hired. A new request will need to be submitted for any ADA accommodations after starting employment.